Frequently Asked Questions
What time is Check-in? Check-in is at 3pm. However, if we have rooms available based on the type of accommodation reserved it is our pleasure to room you before that time.
What time is Check-out? Check-out time is 12pm.
Is there a place to store my/our luggage? Yes, upon early check-in if a room is not available you may check your luggage with Front Service/Bellman at no charge. When checking-out, there is a small charge to store luggage for the day. Please keep in mind that due to limited space storage is not always available and/or a short wait may be necessary depending on volume.
What's in the vicinity of the Hotel Edison? We are located just steps from Times Square and in the center of the Theater District – it's an ideal location to be in New York City. We have two entrances/exits – our main entrance/exit is on W. 47th St. and we have a back entrance/exit on W. 46th St. making it very convenient whether going or coming from uptown or downtown. We are steps from subway and bus stops, restaurant row on 46th St., 2 ½ blocks from 5th Ave. shopping, St. Patrick's Cathedral, walking distance to Macy's, Central Park, Intrepid Museum, Penn Station, Grand Central Station, Hell's Kitchen local NYC neighborhood, MoMA, quick subway ride to SOHO, Lower Manhattan, Natural History Museum, Metropolitan Museum and many other museums such as the Guggenheim and Morgan. In other words, the Hotel Edison is in the heart of Manhattan.
Is there parking for guests? Yes, we have valet parking. We'll put the charge directly on your hotel bill. Our valet charges are as follows.
- Standard Vehicle $45 per day
- Oversized Vehicle $60 per day (anything bigger than an SUV is a higher valet charge of $90 per day)
- No In/Out Privileges
There is a 1 hour grace period for parking on your day of check-out. If you need to stay longer than this a full day garage charge will apply.
Does the hotel have Smoking rooms? No, the Hotel Edison is a smoke free property. We do apply a charge/penalty if smoking is done in our guest rooms.
When was the hotel built? The Hotel Edison was completed in 1931. The hotel lights were originally turned on by Thomas Edison by remote control, (on opening day) from his home in, Menlo Park, New Jersey.
Where do you suggest sightseeing and/or tour buses pick us/me up? We have two entrances to the hotel. Our suggestion for sightseeing and tour pick-up and drop off would be the hotel's 46th St. entrance. Congestion is less on 46th St.
How do I get to the hotel from?
- JFK Airport / LaGuardia Airport / Newark-Liberty Airport: We have no specific recommendation. However, yellow taxis will bring you to and from the hotel for a flat fee or there are shuttle vans that are well marked in the ground transportation area of the airports or you may contact us directly at 212-840-5000 ext. 6869 or email@example.com to arrange for a car.
- New Jersey by car: Coming through/out of the Lincoln Tunnel follow the signs for 42nd St. Make a left to 10th Ave. Make a right onto 10th Ave and drive up to 48th St. where you will make a right onto 48th St. Take 48th straight over to Broadway or 7th Ave. and make a right one block to 47th St. Another right and you will see the Hotel Edison on your left center block.
- Upstate New York by car: Taking the Henry Hudson Parkway, hence West Side Highway is advisable in order to avoid cross-midtown traffic from the Eastside. Coming from the North, heading South on the West Side Highway take the 48th St. Exit, (Exit left) onto 48th St. (Continue on 48th St as described above from New Jersey.
Does the hotel have special group rates? Yes, there is a criterion; we encourage you to contact our Group Sales Department at; 212-840-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the Edison Ballroom? The Edison Ballroom is a grand ballroom space for shows and private functions. It is Unique to New York City. Please visit, www.edisonballroom.com for show schedules, etc.
Who did the "Big Apple Birdseye" mural in the Hotel Edison Lobby? The artist's name is; Arnie Charnick – Scrutiny Studio – email@example.com.