A Piece of Classic New York
Our hotel near Times Square carries a rich past -- from its beginnings as an Art Deco masterpiece to its status as a destination for celebrities and movie shoots -- and an exciting present, with the addition of newly remodeled Signature Collection rooms.
The backstory of our historic hotel at Times Square begins in the 1930s:
1931 - Let There Be Light
- Thomas Alva Edison himself turns on the lights at the grand opening of Hotel Edison. The hotel proudly holds the name of the famed American inventor to this day.
- From its early days, the hotel's prime Times Square location and its elegant Art Deco style attracted attention.
1940s - Present -- Hollywood's Second Home
- 1940s - Tony Pastor performs at Hotel Edison
- 1950s - "Naked City" detective Adam Flint is filmed kissing a girlfriend in front of Hotel Edison
- 1972 - Hotel Edison's hallway appears in "The Godfather"
- 1994 - Jack Warden and John Cusack walk through the hotel in "Bullets over Broadway"
- 2014 - Michael Keaton stops in at The Rum House for a few drinks in his role as Riggan Thomson in the Oscar Award-winning "Birdman"
2000s -- Staying In Vogue
- The Hotel Edison emerges as a trendsetter once more, reviving the elegance of old New York City
2008 -- The Edison Ballroom, Reborn
- The Edison Ballroom reopens after Glen & Company restore the interior with its original Art Deco elements
2014 - The Signature Collection Arrives
- Our Times Square hotel adds newly remodeled Signature Collection guest rooms and suites, capturing the romance of the past while looking toward the future